- 1 lb lean ground beef (can substitute ground chicken)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, diced **
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1 T. butter
- 1 12 oz. bottle chili sauce
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 2 T. WannaRub
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- Hamburger buns or toasted French rolls
- In large skillet, over medium heat, add 2 T. olive oil and butter. Saute onion, celery, and red pepper for several minutes until soft. Push aside in pan, add remaining oil, add beef, and stir until beef is browned. Combine veggies with meat and stir until well mixed together. Add chili sauce, brown sugar, WannaRub, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until mixture is combined and bubbles a bit. Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring several times.
- Spoon JoJo’s over toasted buns or rolls. Top with your favorite cheese. Serves 4 – 6.
**Note: you can replace raw red pepper with 2 large chopped roasted red peppers but do not saute. Add them to mixture after beef is browned.